This Privacy Posily applies to the the collection and processing of personal information by Visily in the normal course of our business, which includes, but is not limited to, channels such as Visily’s web properties (e.g., Visily.ai) and any web apps, forums, social media accounts, blogs, and other online or offline offerings (together with any and all future online and offline offerings, also known as the “Services”).
Visily relies on Standard Contractual Clauses to transfer personal data. The legal framework governing the processing of your personal information includes the U.S. Privacy Act of 1974, as well as Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, concerning the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC, along with the corresponding regulations (the “GDPR”).
2. The Information We Collect
At Visily, the types of personal identifiable information (PII) we collect (directly or indirectly from you) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with us and the requirements of applicable law. Below indicates more information on what types of PII we may collect, the ways we collect and how we use it:
- The Personal Identifiable Information (PII) we collect encompasses any data that can be used to ascertain an individual’s identity. This may include but is not limited to one’s full name, phone number, email address, physical address, as well as details pertaining to one’s current employment, such as company logos, website URLs, and so on.
- We collect personal information from our current, prospective, and former customers, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”) through the following channels:
- Information provided directly to us: When you use our Service and product(s), contact us directly, or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Visily or signing up to receive emails about our latest newsletter and services, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, such as a credit card number, billing address, and/or other related information required to complete the purchase (such payment information, also known as “Financial Information”).
- Survey and Reviews: We may collect personal information from you such as your email address, phone number, or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, register to receive communications over email or text messaging, participate in promotions, or loyalty programs, or otherwise communicate with us. Where allowed by applicable law, we may also record and store customer support calls for training and quality purposes.
- Mini-game and Contests: If we run mini-game or contests, we may ask you to provide contact information (e.g., a phone number or an email address) or other personal information. Your contact information may be used to inform you about the minigame or contest, and, to the extent permitted by law, for other promotional, marketing, and business purposes. In compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction, as a participant, you may have the opportunity to opt out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
- Information from Third Parties: We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations, to supplement the information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
- Automated Data: We may collect certain information automatically through our Services and/or other methods of technical analysis, such as your IP address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, your actions on our website and webapp and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geolocation information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through the use of the Services (such as preferences).
3. How We Use Your Information
By providing personally identifiable information to us, we are able to perform a number of business functions as well as services to you, such as:
3.1. Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested
Visily may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including to:
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain features of the Services;
- Personalized product recommendation;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Review and respond to requests for customer support; and
- Allow you to register for online profiles or in-person events.
3.2. Facilitate Payment processing
3.3. Administrative Purposes
Visily may use personal information for administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in our products;
- Develop new products and services;
- Ensure quality control;
- Send emails or text messages to the email address or telephone number you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment(s) for products or services purchased;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Maintain and administer our Services; and
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
Visily may use personal information to provide you with marketing materials that may be of interest to you, including:
- By directly or indirectly providing personally identifiable information to us as stated in 2. (for example, signing up to receive emails about our latest products and services), you hereby agree to receive certain communications from us, other users, advertisers, our partners, and service providers in connection with Visily; including but not limited to email marketing, sms, direct chat, etc.
- To notify you about offers, products, and updates that may be of interest or about which you have previously expressed an interest (e.g., back-in-stock notifications);
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that you provide personal information; or
- Otherwise with your consent. You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 6.
- Direct Mail, Email, and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with personal information, or whose personal information we obtain from third parties, may as be permitted by law, receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, text messages, or phone calls from us with information on our or our business partner’s products and services or upcoming special offers/events that we believe may be of interest.
Visily may also use your information for our own and our affiliates marketing and branding purposes, e.g: we might use your company’s logo in our marketing materials.
3.5. Research and Development
Visily may use personal information alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us improve our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, Visily may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage third-party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns and/or promotional activities. If you participate in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants.
3.6. Anonymous and Aggregated Information
Visily may use your personal information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information. This information is not personally identifiable and may include de-identified demographic or psychographic information, information about the computer or device from which you access Visily, or other analyses we create. We use anonymized and aggregated information for a variety of purposes, such as measuring visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of Visily. We may use this information for research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may also share this information with third parties in an anonymized or aggregated form to support our or their goals, without identifying you.
3.7. Shared Content
From time to time, we may offer referral services of features that allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use Visily.
Visily may use personal information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as fraud protection or compliance with legal obligations, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
4. Cookies, Pixels, and Other Technologies
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operational: We may use Technologies that are necessary for the operation of our Services. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our websites, Services, applications, and tools; that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security; or that allow you to make use of functions such as saved search or similar functions.
- Performance-Related: We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use our Services, determine if you have interacted with our messaging, determine whether you have viewed an item or link, or to improve our website content, applications, services or tools.
- Functionality-Related: We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into the Service or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests or past items viewed so that we may enhance the presentation of content.
- Advertising-Related: We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement. We may also use third parties to serve targeted advertisements to people similar to our customer base (e.g., by uploading a hashed customer list to Facebook Custom Audiences) or incorporating a pixel from the third party on our Site. Even if you have disabled certain cookies, advertisements may still be displayed to you through these third-party channels.
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits. See Section 6 for additional opt-out options. Please note that blocking, deleting, or disabling these Technologies will affect the functionality of our Services and may prevent you from being able to access certain features.
5. How We Share Your Information
We share information collected through Visily with the following categories of parties:
- Business Partners: Visily may share personal information with its business partners and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Visily may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Visily.
- Marketing: Visily may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities on our Services (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected personal information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third-party advertising partners. Advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other companies) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Visily related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Service to facilitate the transmission of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you.
- Professional Advisors: We share personal data with our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with corporate transactions or in connection with the management of all or part of our business or operations.
- Legal Disclosure / Law Enforcement: We may access, preserve and disclose your personal information, other account information and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate: (i) to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as, a court order or subpoena; (ii) to respond to your requests; (iii) to protect yours, ours or others’ rights, property or safety; (iv) to enforce Visily policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Visily; (vi) to comply with records retention policies; (vii) when we believe access, preservation, or disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (viii) if we, in good faith, believe that access, preservation, or disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order to allow them to identify users in connection with their investigation of unauthorized activities.
6. Managing Your personal information / Opt-out
Visily acknowledges and respects your communication preferences and will solely contact you if you have granted us the authorization to do so. As an Individual, you have the privilege to object to and opt out of specific uses and disclosures of your personal information. If you presume that your personal information is deficient or inaccurate, you are entitled to request a correction. We may offer self-service tools for you to update your personal information. If you have formerly authorized Visily to process your personal information, you may retract that consent at any time and opt out of further processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is to be noted that even if you decide to opt-out, we may still accumulate and utilize non-personal information concerning your activities on our Service and/or data from ads on third-party websites for non-interest-based advertising objectives, such as evaluating the advertisements’ effectiveness.
- Email: You can unsubscribe from email, text, and phone communications at any time. If you would like to opt out of receiving marketing via email, click the unsubscribe link on the footer of marketing emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, in accordance with applicable laws. Visily will continue to send you non-promotional, service emails concerning your account, such as emails relating to available upgrades, billing and payment information, the outstanding balance on your account, and other emails relating to your account and your use of the Site.
- Direct Mail: If you would like to opt out of receiving communication via postal mail, contact email@example.com.
- Account: You may review, update, or modify your account information anytime by logging into your Visily account. You may also deactivate or delete your Visily account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Do Not Track”: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not override these settings or options. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Services, you may be required to provide us with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Service or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Site.
7. Security & Retention
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us and Visily is committed to handling such information carefully. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personally identifiable information. We use secure socket layer technology to protect the security of your payment information and we encrypt your personally identifiable information when it is sent over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
8. Children’s Privacy
Visily’s Services are intended for use by individuals who meet the minimum age requirement set forth by applicable law. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to use our Services, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from them. If you become aware that your child has provided personal information to us without your consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. We will take prompt action to delete such information from our files and terminate the child’s account, unless we receive verifiable parental consent. Please note that in certain jurisdictions, such as EU member countries, the minimum age requirement is 16.
9. Additional Topics
9.1. International Data Transfers
You agree that all personal information collected via or by Visily may be transferred, processed and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, on the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or on the servers of our service providers. By providing information to Visily, you explicitly consent to the storage of your personal information in these locations.
9.2. Third-Party Sites and Services
The amendment, supplement, or alteration to the Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
The Capterra logo is a service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.